August Security Tips
August is usually one of the hottest months of the year, and with that heat comes risks towards your home’s safety. As helpful as security systems are, there are other steps that you can take to reduce the chance of being burglarized this month:
- Do not leave windows unlocked or open during the night.
- Lock all windows and doors when you leave the house, even if it is for a short period of time.
- Replace hollow doors with something sturdier, either solid wood or metal.
- Use a dowel for sliding glass doors.
- Remove shrubbery and trees that block the view of windows and doors. These can provide excellent screens for burglars forcing entry into a home.
- Consider adding security lighting to the outside of your home.
By following these simple steps, you can reduce your risk of becoming a victim of burglary, and with the help of a security system from Vigilante Security, you can make your home an even safer place – not only in the summer, but all year round.
If you’re in southeast Michigan and have questions about your home’s security, give the pro’s a call: (844) 698-4445.