In recent years, security cameras, just like any other security technology, have evolved dramatically. Not only have they become more intelligent and smarter, but they are also more affordable than ever. Because of the increasing business and home security demands, more and more people are looking for better security camera solutions to protect their businesses and homes. According to the Statista stats, the video surveillance market is expected to be worth well over 62 billion US dollars.
Gone are the days of unsightly and long wires with home security system cameras that run along with ceilings and floorboards. That’s because wireless security cameras are on the rise and offer all the security features and functionalities that your home needs. In this article, we’ll discuss how a wireless security camera works and whether it’s the right choice for your home security or not. So, with any further ado, let’s jump into it.
Wireless Vs. Wired Home Security Camera
Wired cameras are connected to an electrical input, and they also rely on video cords that transfer the captured video to the output (display) device. On the other hand, wireless cameras use Wi-fi signals to transmit both audio and video signals to a specialized device (receiver) that converts those signals and shows the output to your viewing device. You can also use your cloud storage account or local storage machines to save the footage as well.
How Does a Wireless Security Camera Work?
As mentioned, a wireless camera transmits the audio and video singles to a receiver through RF (Radio Frequency) transmitter. You can use your cloud storage or computer to access all your videos. There are many wireless security cameras available in the market that you can use, and one of the best options is the Vigilante Security system. Such solutions come with a range of benefits, and most of them have the following standard functions.
- Motion Detection: This technology not only offers security but it’s also energy efficient because cameras equipped with motion detection start recording as soon as they sense movement.
- Scheduled Recording: One of the best advantages of a wireless security camera is that it allows you to schedule your recording. You can select a specific time when you want to record.
- Real-Time Notification: Wireless security camera also informs you whenever it detects any suspicious activity. Many home security systems even have alarm functionality which is activated whenever the sensor detects something.
- Remote Access: Modern security cameras come with software solutions that allow you to access your surveillance remotely regardless of your current physical location.
- Automatic Cloud Storage: You can opt for a smart security wireless home camera that automatically stores all the recorded data to your cloud storage that can be accessed anytime you want.
Benefits of Wireless Home Security Camera
- There are countless benefits of using a wireless home security system to protect your belongings and keep your property safe. Here are some of the most significant ones.
- Wireless security cameras are easy to install because you don’t need to deal with the clutter of cords.
- No one can just shut down the whole system by simply cutting a single wire.
- Cloud storage makes your data more secure, accessible, and reliable than ever.
- Modern wireless cameras come with advanced features such as infrared night vision, motion sensors, facial recognition, and high-resolution digital imaging.
- Some modern security systems allow you to adjust your camera without even touching them.
- You can use a wireless camera as an addition to your existing security system.
- The captured video is transferred to the secure cloud storage or wi-fi-enabled system wirelessly.
- They can withstand harsh weather conditions.
Is Wireless Security Camera the Right Option for You?
- It’s important to bear in mind that everyone has his/her unique security needs. That’s why it’s important to ensure whether a wireless camera is a right option for you or not.
- Wireless Security Camera Is the Right Choice for You If:
- If you live in a rented house and can’t change the existing wiring. You can use a wireless camera without making any alteration to the property.
- If you’re new to security and don’t properly understand how modern technology works.
- If you’re on a budget and a wireless security camera system will put a strain on your pocket.
There you have it. We hope this guide will help you to understand how a wireless security camera works and whether it’s the right option for you or not. If you’ve made up your mind and want to opt for a modern and advanced wireless home security system, then consider getting a free quote from Vigilante Security system today.