Winterizing Your Home with Help from Your Home Security System
As it gets colder and the snow keeps falling here in Michigan, many dream of warmer weather. While this may not be a reality for everyone, those travelling away from home during winter months need to take extra precautions against the frigid weather. Vigilante has many tips, tools, and solutions to put your mind at ease while you are away.
Preventing Pipes from Freezing
Frozen pipes are often one of the main issues homeowners consider when going out of town, especially for extended periods of time. Frozen pipes can lead to burst pipes and to avoid the mess and inconvenience, you can follow these preventative tips to keep your pipes from freezing:
- Keep your home above 55 degrees
- Keep water dripping through the pipes to prevent sitting water from freezing
- Open doors and cupboards to expose pipes to warmer air
- Insulate pipes in areas that are not exposed to heat
With Vigilante’s home automation system, you can detect water inside your home and make sure everything is running smoothly. This gives you access to the environmental conditions within your home, all at the touch of your fingertips.
To avoid frozen pipes, you need a home warm enough to prevent this. Installing one of our smart home thermostats will allow you to adjust the temperature inside your home, anytime and anywhere.
With our home automation system, you can be notified when there are changes inside the home and adjust the temperature accordingly to avoid issues that could cause damage to your home.
Your smart thermostat can let you know when the conditions inside your home are not ideal. But what if this requires in-home repair while you are away? There are even more perks to having our home automation system
- Our security cameras both inside and out of your home will allow you to monitor the scheduled technicians who enter your home,
- Our smart locks can be locked and unlocked from our app. This allows you to unlock your home’s doors from afar to allow in-person repairs to your home.
In order to keep your home safe while you are away, a home automation system from Vigilante will allow you to enjoy your time away without having to worry.
Contact us at Vigilante to get started on your home automation system today!